Marvin Defined

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Liberals

 I have no problem with liberals, I believe that some of their ideas have merit, and some don't. At one time I was a liberal Democrat. I voted for Carter, Dukakis, Kerry, Gore and Clinton twice. Mainly because I don't like those sons of bitches in the Bush family. I refuse to vote for one and never have and never will. It is just Liberals seem to think because I don't agree with them on every issue, that I am some hick or a Tea Party Conservative. Well I don't like some of them either. I am not a one issue voter. I vote for the person who I think will help me and the country most. Mostly what is good for the country is usually good for me. When it isn't then I vote for what is good for me. I had an Uncle in Korea, one in Vietnam, and two grandfathers in WWII, one of which was killed in action in Belgium at the Battle of the Budge. They sacrificed for my right to vote, the least I can do is appreciate and exercise those rights. So I do. They have their opinion, and have a right to it. I have a right to mine. Neither is any more right or wrong than the other, Like it or not I will fight for their right to express it. Along the way if I disagree with it I will say so. Just because someone is Liberal, Conservative, Tea Party or whatever, doesn't mean they are all bad. When I was 7 I read the "I have a Dream Speech," one line from Dr, King stuck out from it for me. The line:""I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. That is how I judge all people. By the content of their character. Skin color and or sexual orientation mean nothing to me, because I simply don't care. I hate no one, I intensely dislike. You will never see the use of the word hate in any of my posts. Hate is a powerful word that need be used only for the truly evil in this world. I don't dislike because of politics. Politics for me isn't personal. Although for some it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment