Marvin Defined

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Selfies

I saw a random story on Yahoo about Kim Kardashian, and her new "book" of selfies. As a member of the "Bimbo Brigade," more on that later, Sse has risen to new heights of silliness. I know it is silliness, because I have been doing it now going on 15 years.

For the last 15 years when ever there was a camera around, whether it be disposable, digital, phone or Polaroid, I would pick it up and take a selfie. I would have this large toothy grin and happy look on my face. They were everywhere. I would put them on the wall paper of my fathers phone so when he opened the phone he would see me. He would be upset because he couldn't change it and had to wait until someone came along who could. It got so bad, that when my mother would hand out cameras at Thanksgiving she never gave me one. I always found them though. I did it to be a wise guy with my father, that was our relationship dynamic. He would get me into minor trouble with my mother or wife, and then side with them, and I would pull the phone bit. I did them for silliness and fun, and that was all. I never took, myself too serious with these pictures. It seems to me that others have come to take themselves so serious that we would even consider some stranger buying pictures of them being silly. Kim Kardashian is particularly silly and should have a little bit more decorum than her Bimbo Brigade friends.

The Bimbo Brigade is the name I have given some of the most spoiled little girls that the country has ever seen, They are Brittney Spears, Nicki Manaj, Nicole Ritchie, Kim Kardashian, Lindsey Lohan, the leader Paris Hilton, and the newest member, Farrah Abrams. These women have little or no talent other than their looks. None have ever worked and are famous for being famous, good or bad. Yet the masses go wild for them. They are all popular because of the lowest common denominator in American pop culture; looks. That is why her selfies sell and mine don't. Just some random thoughts from the West End.  










No comments:

Post a Comment