Marvin Defined

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Memories of an old Friends.

Ok, a couple of things. First this morning when it rained, I was sitting at the computer and heard a rumble. I had to listen close, because I didn't for a moment know if the rumble was military jets, or thunder. Then I looked outside and figured out that it was thunder. If you have ever lived in Yuma, you know that the sounds of jets is more common than thunder. Also, as I was on my way home I heard the song "If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me," on the radio. That song always reminds me of my old friend Gilbert Ordaz, who is no longer with us. We were sitting in front of the Administration building at Yuma High, at lunch. He was enamored with a girl named Joann, and was writing her some sort of letter. He asked me what for some ideas on what to say. That is the name of a song that was popular at the time. I said, why don't use that line? It shows that you are clever and funny, while being serious about your feelings.  I don't remember how it all came out, but I remember Gilbert and the letter. Gilbert was a nice person, who left this world quicker than he deserved to, and the world is a less colorful place for his having come and gone. Rest well my friend. Just some thoughts from the West End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment