Marvin Defined

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Pete Rose 1941-2024

 I am going to comment on tbe passing of Pete Rose. I am going to comment only on his baseball career. I am not going to pass judgement on any of the rest. As there are plenty of players who were great on the diamond but less than stellar people. We all have our foibles, it is not for me to judge, so I won't.  T


That being said, when I was young, Pete Rose was the man in the summer. He was tough, he hit the ball, and slid head first. That became the norm in the 70's.  Rose was a consumate hitter. I saw him foul off 25 pitches, in order to  get a ball he liked, then hit a single. That was in 1985 against the Padres. That wasn't the game he got the last hit, it was the series though, if I remember correctly. He had an eye for pitches. He had one speed, and one focus, that is what made him a great player

No comments:

Post a Comment