Marvin Defined

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Why I Stand


Why I Stand
The controversy about standing for the national anthem has reached into every corner of our society. It has become a flashpoint for rancor and fervor from both sides, about the meaning, and if all Americans are represented. We have heard from some that the anthem the does not represent them personally. That is their right. There are a lot of reasons to respect the flag and the Star Spangled Banner. Now that we have heard the bad let us remember the good. This is why I stand.

I stand out of respect for those who have fought and died fighting evil, and preserving our Constitution and thus our way of life. I stand out of respect for unselfish men and women who protect us from ourselves. I stand out of respect for the people who help others everyday. I stand out of respect for rule of law, without which there would be anarchy. I stand out of respect for opinions that I don’t agree with. I stand out of respect for the good that is done in this country on a daily basis. Protesters can kneel all they and then benefit from that what they protest, to show they care. I choose to show I care, by volunteering in my community, giving to underprivileged children, giving water to the homeless in 118° or the freedom to raise two generations of children who aren’t bigots. These are the freedoms the flag and the Star Spangled Banner represent for me. That is Why I Stand.   

No comments:

Post a Comment